Thursday, June 24, 2010

heartbreak and happiness

Hello,

It's been a while that's for sure, but now I have internet at home so I'm up a running!!!

Well, to say it's been a bad couple of weeks would be a total understatement. Nothing has happened to me personally, but it seems like everything that can go wrong to the people around me has. There has been death, illness, cancer, loss of jobs, and pure sadness. It breaks my heart and I have prayed harder in the past 3-4 weeks than I have in the rest of my life combined. I just pray for strength, courage, love and forgiveness for those affected by hard times. And know that what is meant to be will and there is a reason for everything even when we have NO idea what that may be.

So instead of making this a sapping, sad blog, I decided to take heartache and worry and turn it into something positive.....

50 things that make me smile and happy

1. And this is number 1 on the list and in my life....family!!!!!!!
2. My moms motherly instinct when something is wrong with me
3. Laughing till it hurts....or I snort :)
4. My AMAZING friends....
5. Watching my friends with their husbands and families :)
6. Ice cold beer
7. The amazing man that my brother is becoming
8. Water....pool, beach or lake
9. A good ole' Texas summer...heat and all
10. Country concerts
11. Pedicures
12. My insane, ADHD dog
13. Knowing that even though he has a hard time showing it, my dad loves me with every ounce of his body
14. Knowing I make my parents proud
15. I bought my own house....and it's stinkin cute!!!!!
16. Looking back at old pictures
17. Hugs
18. A really good cheesburger :)
19. Country boys and their trucks
20. Reality TV
21. The unconditional love that everyone in my life gives me
22. The smell of Thanksgiving
23. Clean laundry
24. Birthdays....mine and my friends
25. The smell of babies....especially my friends babies :)
26. Good night out where you dont know whats going to happen by 2
27. All things Texas!!!
28. Football games
29. Payday!!!!! :)
30. Naps
31. Summer night BBQ's
32. Seeing people I love happy
33. Teaching....it may not seem like it but I do like it :)
34. Clean sheets
35. People watching
36. Airports
37. VACATIONS :)
38. Love
39. Homemade ice cream
40. Fresh cut grass
41. Flowers
42. Starbucks
43. My beach room
44. Christmas lights
45. Dr. Pepper
46. Summer dresses and flip flops
47. Still feeling like a kid at Christmas
48. Giving gifts that make people light up
49. Feeling proud of the woman I have become
50. Last but NOT least....God and faith....knowing that in the end, things will work out the way they are meant too!! I felt I needed to end with this to wrap up this blog!!! :)

Thank you for being in my life and showing me love. I hope I do the same for you!!!
If there is one thing I have learned lately is you cant take anything for granted or expect it to be there or the same the next day. You have to live each moment like it will be your last and have no regrets.

2 comments:

  1. This blog straight up made me cry! But I'm pretty emotional tonight! I cried getting Jaxon's baby clothes together for the garage sale! I came across the robe you got him for my shower...and put it in the keep pile in hopes that my next baby can wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yay for Hugh Hefner robes!!! Glad you didnt throw it away :)

    ReplyDelete